Wednesday, April 7, 2010

About Us!

I'm starting this blog as a way for our family to share over long distance daily funnies, happenings and pictures so we can better stay in touch. We have a large extended family that will soon be spread apart by several states. My inlaws, Dick and Shirley will soon make a move to Texas.
Today I'll start by sharing a funny story that happened yesterday with my Grandson Jax. I made tater tot casserole for lunch. Jax who is very bright and is always asking questions, asked hey grandma what's in this. I told him well it has hamburger, veggies, soup, milk and tater tots. He looked at the kitchen cabinet where the empty soup can sat and said did you put a can of dirt in it??? I said, what? He said you know the can of dirt stuff you put in that hamburger mac n cheese stuff. I said are you talking about cream of mushroom soup? He said yep the can of dirt. While laughing and laughing I remembered last week that he was picking the tiny mushrooms out and calling them dirt. I then went on the explain to him that no there was no can of dirt in his lunch that I'd used cream of chicken in his tater tot casserole.

5 comments:

  1. That Jax is something else!!! Patty...we have a new way to talk and John and Rolland won't even know!!! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah! That's just pipe smoke. We'll find out someway or other. I may not be too smart but I am learning how to look for blogs. R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have to have Rolland for a buddy?? Just
    kidding, welcome to the Zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now we are so close yet soon to be so far away!

    ReplyDelete