Thursday, June 10, 2010

Vacation

Vacations are wonderful the week after really stinks. We traveled to Texas last week and spent some time with our friends Mike and Judy in Troup. We always have a wonderful time while we are there. John stopped counting the number of fish he caught after 40. They have 2 stocked ponds and he was up every morning fishing at 5:30am and stayed out most all day off and on. Judy and I sewed and shared recipes and just chatted. We played cards each night and everyone except Judy was able to win at least one game. I won twice but who is counting...oh Mike of course. Sadly on Friday we packed up and headed to Dallas to see John's family. Not sad to be seeing them but we know it will be some time before we are able to see Mike and Judy again and they have become like family to us. We love them! We did some shopping on the way to see John's family and finally arrived in time for dinner. Mom and Dad's new house is nice and I'm still getting over the shock that there is a pool table in the formal dining room...never thought I'd see that! The guys played pool each night and we had an enjoyable visit. On Sunday we made the long trek back to Kansas City. We stopped a few times and enjoyed lots of Braums ice cream...as we have none in KC. We also stopped in Joplin and visited with our friends Joyce and Roland...they joined us for dinner and we had a good time.
Once home it was oh my gosh I'm tired. We put everything away and just rested before going back to work. The kids are tired, off schedule and cranky...it's been a long week and things are still really hard for John at work...seems like there are many changes going on and none of them pleasant. I'd say I'm looking forward to the weekend but it will be short and I have lots of catching up to do...all I can say is it vacation time yet??? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment